Welcome to Douglas’s documentation!¶
Douglas is a file-based blog system written in Python with the following features:
- WSGI application
- runs as a CGI script (woo-hoo!)
- plugin system for easy adjustment of transforms
- Jinja renderer
- basic set of built-in plugins
Douglas is a rewrite of Pyblosxom.
$ pip install https://github.com/willkg/douglas/archive/master.zip#egg=douglas``
Create a new blog:
$ douglas-cmd create blog $ cd blog
Edit the configuration
Write a blog entry
$ vi entries/firstpost.txt
Compile the blog
$ douglas-cmd compile
Copy the static assets (JS, CSS, images, ...)
$ douglas-cmd collectstatic
Preview it locally
$ douglas-cmd serve
Copy it to your server
Part 1: Douglas user manual¶
Documentation for installing, configuring and tweaking Douglas for your purposes.
- About Douglas
- What’s new in Douglas
- Douglas on the command line
- Deploy Douglas as a Compiled HTML Site
- Deploying Douglas with CGI
- Deploying Douglas with Paste
- Deploying Douglas with Apache and mod_wsgi
- Configuring Douglas
- Writing Entries
- Renderers, Themes and Templates
Part 2: Core plugin documentation¶
Documentation for plugins that come with Douglas.
- archives - Builds month/year-based archives li...
- categories - Builds a list of categories....
- draft_folder - Draft folder...
- ignore_future - Ignores entries in the future....
- no_old_comments - Prevent comments on entries older t...
- pages - Allows you to include non-blog-entr...
- paginate - Allows navigation by page for index...
- published_date - Maintain published date in file met...
- rst_parser - restructured text support for blog ...
- tags - Tags plugin...
- yeararchives - Builds year-based archives listing....
Part 3: Developer documentation¶
Documentation anyone interested in hacking on Douglas, writing plugins, or things of that ilk.
- Douglas Architecture
- Writing Plugins
- Code Documentation
- Release process